Monday, May 11, 2009

A LITTLE SOMETHING

Copy and pasted off facebook .. what im good for while focused for 45 minutes.

IF I HAD A BETTER WEBCAM ID MAKE A VIDEO.. BUT !!!

---

So .. yeah .. i mean i started writing this verse at about ... 1 am ?! But these thoughts have been running in my mind ever since i heard MTV'S MADE was gonna be holding auditions at my school. Originally i was thinking .. " Wow this is my shot , my chance " .. but at the same time second guessing myself .. knowing i was way too talented to rely on an MTV show to achieve the success i deserve. Actually i turned to another one of my fellow recording artists for advice... [[Bryan Del Rosario aka B. Del who's been a friend of mine since even before we both started doing music]].. And he told me .. and i still have the exact convo.. cause i never shut down my computer or AIM so all my convos are saved.. SMH but anyway
bd0t2thedel (6:30:30 PM): if you're a rapper.. you should be on you're own shit, na mean?
bd0t2thedel (6:30:35 PM): grindin' for.. no one but yourself
bd0t2thedel (6:30:56 PM): and don't take the easy way out
bd0t2thedel (6:31:36 PM): but honestly
bd0t2thedel (6:31:43 PM): i feel ur much better than that

AND with that being said ... heres a free-verse/rant about my views about the music industry , my pessimistic views at times about chasing my dreams as a hip-hop artist, and the last verse .. well yeah ill stop explaining and just let you guys read lol .
OK NOW TO THE MUSIC !! ..




[ verse one ]
Everyday i Live by the saying Impossible is Nothing
Like im lacing adidas up when the obstacles are coming
I just wanna be a superstar, each day fucking pro-models
With the dick sucking lips, and bodies like coke bottles
Isnt that the average goal, to the average kid underprivileged?
Thats why they sell their souls just to get in this business
See success to the youth ? is measured by cars and chains
But it's kinda like astrology , we only have the stars to blame
Some work hard for the love, Some only work hard for fame
But me ? im willing to do whatever, to be in charge of the game
You can say i have my feet set , like a guard in the lane
Compare me to a reciept i just wanna be a part of the change
But dollars make sense right ? tell me what does talent make ?
Cause im talented as fuck, feeling myself, no masterbate.
Im hungry for the money though, starving for the fattest plate
But i wont co sign on my sole, which road would you rather take ?


[ verse two ]
Im lost on the road to riches, wondering which way to go?
Cause i read hotter shit on blogs than i hear on the radio
My heads, shaking No, cause even with the greatest flow
No dance or autotune, means no play on your favorite show
But yet so far gone, was the dopest to drop last quarter
And to me kanye autotuned on 808 was manslaughter
Both used voice-effects..i show love to them and t-pain
And also to mr. jamie foxx, and the alcohol he blames
But i feel like the industry's just a Lose-Lose
Cause if your not autotuned or getting lite on YouTube
Or fronting online , by copy and pasting su-woos
Dont expect to recieve more than seeing your views move...
See my parents telling me i should attend college
But id rather make music, and spread knowledge [[pause]]
But lets say , in a few years, the game aint change still ..
In a recession..How am i gonna raise a family, and pay bills?


[ verse 3 ]
Metaphors, wordplay, have you wishing i would dumb it down
I got a big ego, so my big head should wear the fucking crown
And quite frankly, im too high, and too fly to be underground
Too flam-BOUYANT, trust me never have i sunk or drowned.
See, im ahead of the ocean of competition in the main stream
Cause i never lose focus, you will never see me day dream
It should be illegal to be the ill, when you not even eighteen
Yeah , i got palm readers telling me, im ahead of my time
Cause the all the punchlines i dont right, get left in my mind
Never did tanget in geometry , cause i was meant to be signed
Plus my game known to front on a bitch till im getting behind.
Sorry for getting off topic , i just hadda go in beast mode
So ahead of the game with no game shark or cheat codes
Still i have my doubts, cause even ray j didnt want a unique flow [[ no homo ]]
The pessimism does hit , the journey so long and ruthless
But after every verse i right.. im convinced i was born to this..


... FEED BACK APPRECIATED ! positive or negative ...
i showed this to one of my producers Louis and he said it sounds like bits and pieces of a lost verse from drake and trey songz -- successful from so far gone lol

-- CHRISTIAN BONOAN

No comments:

Post a Comment